- About Foothills
- Components & Systems
- Customer Services
- Foothills Blog
- Contact Us
Foothills Industrial Products was founded by Charlie McNutt in 1956 to meet the needs of the emerging energy industry in Alberta. Charlie established the distribution platform on which we still operate today, and laid the ground work with a number of US based manufacturers that still exist. The original activities of Foothills Industrial Products occurred on the 19th hole of the Calgary Golf and Country Club, and when business picked up, Charlie was forced to establish a permanent office. These first offices were located in the Lougheed Building of downtown Calgary, and later moved to the central southeast industrial area in 1975.
Charlie sold the business in 1972 to Don Telfer who carried on the tradition, and built new relationships with world class manufacturers. Some of these include Mercury Instruments, which was recently purchased by Honeywell, and remains today as one of our primary suppliers, along with Val-Tex of Texas and Arcco Instrument Company.
In 1988 Frank Sparks took over the company and added his flavor to the distribution mix. During this time Foothills Industrial Products became a household name in the gas utility and transmission world, and its represented products became the standard for many companies.
In 2007 Richard Waller assumed control of the organization and continues to operate on the same successful platform that has been created and managed so well by each of the previous owners. Now in its 7th decade of operations, the success of Foothills Industrial Products has been its people, its relationships, unwavering quality of product, and a clarity from the start that the Customer is King.